Vital signs normal…
I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth, though it is cold enough in southwestern Ohio that I may be frozen to it. I have just been really busy. The quarter is almost over, term papers are due Tuesday, finals are just over the horizon, and the thesis is taking up more time than should be allowed. But hey, it’s grad school. If it were easy, then it wouldn’t be special. As was pointed out to me once, we all know what BS is. MS is just more of the same, and PhD is piled higher and deeper.
Some news and notes.
- Adobe released a new version of Camera Raw (now at version 6.3). Lightroom 3 had a minor update from 3.2 to 3.3. Photoshop CS5 had a very minor update from 12.0.1 to 12.0.2.
- Thom Hogan has a great blog entry talking about meters and how they’re calibrated at approximately 12% gray vice 18% gray that we’ve always been taught.
- Texas Parks & Wildlife Department has their redevelopment plan for Sea Rim State Park. Hurricanes Rita and Ike gave it a 1-2 punch that all but knocked it out of commission. Neat marshlands out that way, though more ‘Gators than I prefer.
- From the, “If one is good, two is better, and three is outstanding” department… Henry Posner from B & H Photo, my favorite place in the universe to buy photography gear, passed along an image via Twitter that is “the ultimate in lens protection?” It took me a few seconds to get it, but once I did it was a good belly laugh. Figures it was a Nikon user… 😉
- My 2 year exile from Texas might get extended in a way that I would never have imagined. Still waiting for some paperwork to shuffle and what not. Stay tuned.